At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Working within Appian’s Marketing team and reporting to the Director of North America Field Marketing, the Field Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing and executing Marketing programs to drive campaigns designed to grow and accelerate sales pipeline and revenue. The role will also be responsible for operational, implementation and post-program reporting and activities.
This role supports Appian’s US Public Sector team, based at HQ in McLean, VA.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Public Sector Sales Leadership and Field Sales to identify, recommend and implement lead generation activities in the Public Sector vertical (Civilian, DoD, and SLG)
- Develop and execute account-based marketing (ABM) strategy to align with account specific territory plans and enable lead generation activities focused on target accounts
- Work with Marketing Operations to regularly manage and review campaign performance metrics with key stakeholders, including leads and ROI by campaign, channel, and lead and opportunity source
- Ability to translate data produced by Marketing Operations to make actionable recommendations, develop and execute on strategic decisions
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budget for Field programs
- Help foster Sales and Marketing alignment through regular updates, reporting and reviews
- Understand and help to communicate marketing strategy, value proposition, positioning and messaging to regional Sales Executives so that they are aware, knowledgeable and enabled with the latest and most powerful content for effective use in sales cycles
- Ensure lead and pipeline outcomes are met and there is strong engagement and communication with the business development, field sales team and partner organization.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to define goals, objectives and specific implementation plans that promote Appian’s brand
- Source venues, acquire supporting technology, coordinate development of materials (in some cases as it relates to trade shows) to execute a quality program
- Coordinate and carry out project deliverables on schedule and to budget
- Ability to travel up to 5-10%
- 3 - 5 years experience in a B2G Field Marketing Role in an Enterprise Software environment (knowledge of Public Sector a must )
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in crafting Public Sector results-driven marketing programs that drive pipeline growth
- Excellent presentation, project management and ROI reporting skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment
- Ability to think critically and creatively while multitasking and meeting strict deadlines
- Flexible, organized, and detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced in using CRM and Marketing Automation tools
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .