Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. With Appian, customers get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified cloud platform.
At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Product Manager, you’ll be working alongside other Product Managers on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
- Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product strategy and making data-driven decisions
- Define how those features will work and look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing.
- Cultivate a deep understanding of your users and customers. Be their advocate.
- Manage your team's backlog through planning and working with developers.
- Share ideas and receive feedback on new features through presentations to stakeholders and collaborators.
- Ensure successful delivery of features and participate in go-to-market activities (documentation, training, webinars, etc.).
- Follow your work through to customer impact by tracking adoption/usage, talking to customers and partners, prioritizing bugs and enhancements, and recommending additional investments to meet the market.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- Ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments; comfortable working through ambiguity
- Strong communicator
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Experience Level:
2+ years of experience, ideally as a Product Owner or Product Manager for a Scrum team
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.