At Appian, we're not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software!
As a Manager of Product Management on our automation team, you'll oversee a small, talented team of product managers and help create a vision for the next generation of automation features for our low-code development platform, including RPA, AI/ML, and more. You'll work with engineering teams, interact with key business stakeholders, and prioritize product investments to ensure your teams deliver high-value software with each and every iteration.
What is Appian? Appian is a low-code automation platform that lets businesses rapidly build powerful applications with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. Appian provides a complete automation solution, uniting humans, bots, and AI workflows, as well as offering powerful capabilities for case management, user interfaces, mobile, data, and more.
What You'll Do:
- Define the vision for major automation features and functionality by collaborating with customers and stakeholders
- Understand the market and usage of Appian’s software compared to competitors
- Assist with quarterly and annual planning for multiple teams
- Work as an individual contributor on a team and manage 2-4 other product managers
- Define how features will work through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing
- Manage your team's backlog through planning, backlog grooming, working with developers and fellow product managers
- Write feature specifications for stakeholders to review
- Ensure successful feature adoption by writing and reviewing documentation, tracking usage, and prioritizing enhancements after release
- Lead by example in contributing to culture of learning and growth
- 9+ years as Product Manager and at least 3 years of experience as a manager
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related engineering field
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences!
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.