Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
About The Job:
The Chief Technology Office leads Appian’s technology strategy and acquisitions. This role directly reports to Michael Beckley, Founder and Chief Technology Officer. The Chief Technology Office improves the product by partnering with Product Management, Product Marketing, and Technology Partnerships to identify and prototype strategic technology initiatives. You will work with the CTO team to help the ideation, incubation, and commercialization of new products. This is a fast-paced, high-visibility role.
Who You Are:
- Excited to work with new technology
- A self-starter who needs little direction to get results
- Comfortable with frequently changing priorities
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Enjoys working independently and with cross-departmental teams
- A great communicator
What You'll Do:
- Prototyping: Prioritize, build and test product prototypes
- Leverage knowledge of algorithms, integrations, and design patterns to write software in a full-stack web and mobile environment
- Understand the market forces and emerging technologies and identify opportunities to expand Appian’s platform capabilities
- Prepare data-driven in depth analyses and executive summaries on markets, companies or products as required and assess fit to our strategic objectives
- Influence Appian's Engineering roadmap by developing and collaborating on innovative new product features
- Presenting your work to Appian executives and customers
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field/degree
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.