The Accounts Payable Accountant will be responsible for performing all aspects of the company accounts payable functions for the US and Switzerland subsidiary operations in a professional and knowledgeable manner. This position supports the daily accounts payable processes associated with the receiving, approval, and timely payment of vendor invoices. This position ensures company policies and procedures are being adhered to as they pertain to accounts payable.
This role will be at Appian HQ which is located in McLean, VA.
- Implement and maintain systems, procedures, and policies to ensure controls, efficiencies and adherence to company policies
- Support the accounts payable function to ensure the company financial obligations are met in an efficient and timely manner
- Ensure invoices are coded accurately and processed timely
- Manage timely payments of vendor invoices
- Perform monthly AP close process including AP accruals, journal entries and reconciliations.
- Prepare various year-end schedules and perform walk-throughs for Annual Audit
- Manage the annual 1099 process
- Communicate with vendors to research and resolve issues
- Hands-on data entry, validation, and processing of various types of invoices
- Responsible for maintenance of vendor module of General Ledger system
- Analysis and administration of corporate credit card and travel card programs
- Direct involvement in implementing purchase order system / process
- Other duties, as assigned
- Maintain professional and technical job knowledge by attending seminars and workshops and maintaining professional networks and contacts.
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required
- Strong ERP financial system (preferably NetSuite) experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Requires strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized team player with ability to meet strict monthly deadlines
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.