Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
The Appian Information Security department continuously evaluates the threat-landscape for Appian operations and service offerings. Appian is seeking talented Security Engineers to join our growing Information Security team, where you’ll assist with security engineering projects to support security operations, monitoring, and compliance. You will have an opportunity to develop and work on tools and systems that protect critical assets from emerging threats as well as evaluate international security concerns, vulnerability management, and industry security regulations.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- The ability to build systems to enable Appian InfoSec to quickly adapt and defend against modern attacker techniques
- To provide analysis and investigation of security related data from a wide range of security products and devices
- To work with various Appian systems to design and implement enhanced detection technologies
- To conduct risk analysis and provide recommendations for remediation or mitigation
- To design and build security tools and processes for scanning, testing, monitoring and reporting
- To conduct security research and present findings to senior engineers and security architects
- To identify, design, and execute on security projects that improve Appian’s intrusion detection and response capabilities
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Innovative Product: Work with a leading product expanding into new markets. Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more and more companies are turning to low-code with Appian. Appian is also a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Applications for the second year in a row.
- Career Growth: We value innovation and investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth and leadership. Whether it’s through Engineering IndieTime (dedicated time to build whatever you want with whomever you want), or annual hackathons, we value activities that inspire others and get creative juices flowing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field of study
- Programming/scripting in one or more languages (e.g. Java, Python, C/C++)
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux/Unix systems
- General understanding network fundamentals and internet protocols (TCP/IP networking and network services DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Nice to have knowledge of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), networks, or operating systems
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.