Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian CIO will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth.
Appian’s information security team is growing and seeking new team members to help lead our global governance, risk, and compliance program. In this role, you will work in a dynamic information security team and be exposed to modern cloud technologies and security frameworks.
About the Job
Lead a dynamic team responsible for:
- Deploying and maintaining a strong third party / vendor risk management program
- Evaluating a diverse range of both cloud and local solutions and technologies to identify impact and risk
- Working with various teams throughout the organization to ensure that solutions are implemented securely
- Working directly with vendors to review external control environments
- Continuously manage and report on risk state and ensuring that risk levels are reduced over time
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in related field of study
- 7+ years of experience directly related to third party / vendor risk management or similar field
- Excellent understanding of risk management methodologies
- Strong understanding of various control frameworks and requirements, and ability to adapt and apply new ones as required
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based models (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and technologies used to implement controls within these environments
- Ability to communicate and manage information security concepts and requirements to personnel of varying technical backgrounds and positions
- Ability to effectively lead other team members and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.